PENN Creative Strategy is an all female consulting firm working to build a more creative, equitable and inclusive world. We work in the areas of: (i) strategy & planning; (ii) organizational development; (iii) inclusion, diversity, equity & access (IDEA); (iv) fund raising. We are a woman owned business working exclusively with nonprofits and foundations, particularly in the arts, on a mission of system change to support radical inclusion.
We are seeking ...
1. An ambitious contract consultant to manage client engagements. This is an independent contractor position who will be part of our team and has the ability to lead consulting engagements in our specialty areas, working with others on our team. We are seeking a person with at least 5 years of consulting experience in at least one of our focus areas (strategic planning, organizational development, or IDEA). The ideal candidate will understand the nuances of client management and responsiveness, have the ability to manage multiple consulting projects, and be hungry for the collegiality of working with others. This consultant will also have the interest and capacity to participate in intake calls with prospective new clients, and/or develop consulting proposals on behalf of the firm (with support). We pay consultants on a flat fee basis for each client, based on the contract value and the level of experience of the consultant. Consultants of color or other identities who have historically been undervalued are strongly encouraged to apply.
- At least 5 years consulting experience in at least one of our focus areas
- Bachelors degree required, masters degree in arts management, nonprofit management or organizational development preferred
- Strong writing skills and the ability to create client-ready deliverables
- Ability to work collaboratively with other and support the team
- High competency with G Suite, PowerPoint, MS Word
2. Ambitious early career fund raising consultants. This is an independent contractor position that serves as outsourced fund raising "staff" for our clients. You will work under the supervision of one of our senior development staff to help clients with grant writing, systems management, annual fund campaigns and individual giving programs. We pay you monthly, on a flat fee basis, based on the contract value and your experience. Consultants of color or other identities who have been historically undervalued are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Bachelors degree required, masters degree in arts management or nonprofit management preferred
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to create client-ready deliverables
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients
- High competency with G Suite, PowerPoint and MS Word
Please send a cover letter, resume and representative examples of past work to email@example.com.
There are three key characteristics of the PCS team that we look for in candidates:
- Be Down for the Cause: The team is driven towards a goal that is bigger than ourselves, we have a real passion for working to strengthening organizations, creativity, belonging and access in the world. Our work is stimulating, meaningful, and has purpose.
- Be Committed: We are committed to this mission. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us: to make nonprofits stronger at making the world a better place for all of us – particularly for those who have historically been underestimated and undervalued. We are committed to working hard, working smart, working together, and moving the nonprofit sector to a better place.
- Be Adaptive: While we try to support our staff with proven process techniques, we are not a cookie cutter firm. We are not as driven by a “proven process” as we are by a learning culture and what our clients need from us. We are a blend between a coaching firm and a consulting firm. We bring out the best in our clients by being present with and for them.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexibility: While most of our client work is during standard business hours Eastern Time, you work from home and set your own work hours that align best with your productivity. As long as our clients’ needs are met, you have the freedom to structure your own time.
- You Time: When you take time off, you can enjoy your time without interruptions from work. The only exception is if there is an emergency that we need your help with, which is a rare scenario. We respect boundaries and want you to have a life outside of work.
- An Awesome Team: Our team of consultants is an awesome group of people. We meet once a week (unpaid, optional) to catch up on firm business and support each other. You will love working with this team!
- Infrastructure: We provide the critical infrastructure to help you manage consulting projects: a project manager; a firm assistant; and software tools to support project management.